This session introduces the various tools that can be used to record short videos for the flipped classroom. It focuses on the simple tools that are available to most people and are not associated with video recording. This includes PowerPoint, Zoom, and Panopto. The tools are considered in the context of what is known about effective instructional videos and flipped classroom techniques.
* What we know about effective videos
* How to transfer a lecture to video
* Technical options for recording videos
* How to present videos to students
* What we know about flipped classroom techniques and methods